Welcome to Information Technology at TCU
Information Technology is the central computing facility for TCU, providing network connectivity throughout the campus and computer services and support for all levels of the University. The Information Technology staff is available for consultation and assistance with computer problems.
- Apple Releases Mountain Lion OS X 10.8
Apple recently released its newest operating system named Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8). While the update from OS X Lion (10.7) to Mountain Lion isn’t expected to be as dramatic as was the move from Snow Leopard (10.6) to Lion (10.7), IT still needs to test key applications and University systems before installing it on campus machines.
Some common software applications, such as Adobe CS 5, have already been reported to have issues with Mountain Lion and it is customary for vendors to have 60 to 90 days to fully support the release of a new operating system. A great resource for checking application compatibility is at RoaringApps.
Once the new operating system has been tested and is compatible with University systems then we will be able to upgrade machines based on a business need. We expect to complete this process and begin support for OS X 10.8 in October of 2012, if not earlier. More details about OS X Mountain Lion are available on Apple's website.
Please, DO NOT perform this upgrade on your own. If you have any questions, contact the IT Support HelpDesk at (817) 257-6855.
- TCU Wireless Just Got Better
On Monday, March 12th, the Information Technology division will make some major changes to the wireless network that will provide better accessibility and functionality for our users.
What have we done?
- We have enhanced mobility across campus by making some modifications to the way that devices connect to our network. This should make it easier for you to move from building to building without having network issues.
- The TCU community will experience shorter wait times for your account to automatically unlock once it has been locked by a series of bad password attempts.
- We have also made modifications to the Wireless Setup network that will make it easier to get connected as well as give you the ability to reset or change your account passwords without having to go to another computer.
Information Technology is working hard to make your wireless experience at TCU a positive one. If you have any problems or questions, please contact the IT Support Helpdesk at (817) 257-5855.
- Copies of Microsoft Office 2010 and 2011
Work at Home copies of Microsoft Office 2010 and 2011 are now available to TCU full or part time faculty and staff from Varsitybuys.com. There will be a cost of $19.95 for the download; this will be the only way to obtain the new versions of Office per our license agreement with Microsoft.
You must be a current faculty or staff with a TCU email address and you will also be asked to provide one of the following:
-- A current faculty ID (one with a current date is preferred)
-- Faculty or staff paycheck stub (please black out any private information)
-- A yearly contract from the school
-- A letter from a department director verifying your employment
-- Anything else that would have your name, the school name, and a current date on it showing you are employed there
For Office 2010 (Windows) - Click Here
For Office 2011 (Mac) - Click Here