Outlook Web Access (OWA)Outlook Web Access - OWA
To open email using Outlook Web Access, use a web browser such as Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Open your web browser and navigate to https://mobile.tcu.edu.
- Determine the level of security you wish to use.
- “This is a public or shared computer”
This setting is recommended for public locations, such as libraries, airports, and other locations where people you don’t know may logon to the workstation. When in doubt, use this setting.
- “This is a private computer”
This setting is recommended for your workstation that you have control over, and will provide additional functionality in terms of document and attachment access. This should only be used on a workstation that you trust, such as your work and home workstations.
- Determine the version of OWA 2007 you wish to use.
- “Use Outlook Web Access Light”
This version of OWA 2007 allows for better performance over slower connections and improved accessibility for users that have impaired vision. Additionally, it will run on most web browsers. This is the only option available when using Firefox or Safari, and is optional for Internet Explorer 6 and above.
- Use Outlook Web Access Premium
This is the default selection for Internet Explorer 6 and above, and provides a feature-rich email experience.
- Enter your username and password, then press enter or click the Log On button to continue.
- The first time you use OWA 2007, you will see the following screen:
- Determine if you would like to use the “blind and low vision experience” version of OWA 2007.
This will modify how OWA 2007 is displayed and can be changed at any time through the options page.
- Determine your preferred language for OWA 2007.
OWA 2007 will automatically use the selected language for items. Please note that it will not translate between languages.
- Determine your current time zone.
- Once finished, click “Ok” to go to the main screen.
- After logging on, use the navigation items on the left side of the window to get to the Inbox, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and other folders.
- The Inbox folder shows as the default. Double-click on an email item listed in the main window and it will be opened in a new window.
Create a New Message
- To create a new message, click the New Mail Message button, located on the toolbar.
- Type the email address of the recipients in the To and a brief summary in the Subject box. Then type your message in the message box below. When you are ready to send the message, click the Send button.
- Your message can be formatted using the toolbar available. For example, different fonts can be selected, text can be bold or italicized, and various font colors are available.
- Use the Delete button on the toolbar to delete mail messages.
- All deleted messages are moved to the Deleted Items folder. The Deleted Items folder needs to be emptied in order to completely delete messages.
- Empty the Deleted Items folder by right-clicking on the folder and selecting Empty Deleted Items.
To Recover a Deleted Message
You have the ability to retrieve messages that have been deleted within the last 14 days.
- Click Options, then click Deleted Items
- Select the item to recover by clicking on it in the Recover Deleted Items list
- Click Recover to Deleted Items folder to recover the item
- Recovered items will appear in the Deleted Items folder. You can then move or copy them to other folders as needed.
When sending a message, you may include file attachments.
To add attachments:
- Click the Attach File button from the top menu.
- Click the Browse button and locate the file. More than one file can be attached.
- Click the Attach button.
- The file will appear in the Attach list under Subject.
To view attachments:
- Open the message and click on the file name.
- The file will open in a new window.