StuWireless Setup for Macintosh OS 10.4 Tiger
Wireless access is available throughout campus. A wireless network card that supports WPA2 is required in order to use the StuWireless network. The following documentation applies to Mac OS X version 10.4 using the built-in AirPort software.
Wireless Setup for Macintosh OS 10.4 Tiger
If you have previously registered your wireless card on the TCU network, then skip to Part 3.
Part 1: Find your Wireless Network Address in Macintosh OS 10.4 Tiger
- Go to System Preferences and click the Network button
- Select Show: AirPort
- Click the AirPort button on the left side of the bar
- Write down the AirPort ID
Part 2: Register your Wireless Network Address
- Login to http://my.tcu.edu/
- Choose Helpful Links from the menu
- Choose the link: TCU Network Registration
- Carefully read the TCU Computing Resources Policy and click Accept to continue.
For the Subnet, choose: Student-Wireless
Fill in Computer Operating System Type: Macintosh OSX (for 10.4 Tiger and lower)
Fill in the Network (Ethernet) Address
For My Description, write a short description for the computer registered, i.e. "Frog's Ethernet", for easy identification.
Click the Save button
Part 3: Wireless Setup for Macintosh OS 10.4 Tiger
- From the menu bar, click the Airport icon
- Choose Open Internet Connect… from the menu
- From the menu, select Configuration and select AirPort
- If AirPort Power is off, click the button to Turn AirPort On
- Click the 802.1x icon (If this is not available, add it: select File from the menu, then select New 802.1X Connection)
- From the Configuration Drop-down box, select Edit Configurations
- Make the following selections and entries:
Network Port: AirPort
Wireless Network: StuWireless
- Click OK
- Click the Connect button to continue
- Click the Continue button to accept the digital certificate issued by the authentication server
- Enter your TCU Username and Password
- Do not add settings to any keychain.
- Do not select the option for “Always trust certificates”
- You should see a successful connection status displayed at the bottom of the window.
Configuration of StuWireless is complete!